Jamestown Roofing, Inc., a commercial and industrial roofing company, has been part of the local landscape since 1892. After World War II, Sam and Ann Dominick moved here from Erie and purchased the company to continue a family-owned business tradition.
After her husband’s untimely death, Ann ran the company herself though the 1960’s; no small feat for a woman of that era. Her son, Carl, served three years in the Army, completed his college education, and returned to Jamestown to help his mother manage the corporation.
Carl married Mary O’Hagen in 1964 and they enjoyed more than 50 years together before he passed away in October 2015. Mary worked beside him in their business and together they raised four sons. Continuing the family legacy, Joseph, Carl, Timothy, and Daniel hold the same high standards set forth by their father and grandparents, delivering professional assistance, customer service, and quality craftsmanship.
The Dominicks feel strongly about their roles in the community and the importance of giving back. Keeping those thoughts in mind, the family established a fund in memory of their husband and father to support St. Susan Center, as it “freely offers meals, fellowship, dignity, and respect to all who come through its doors,” and to the Foundation’s Fund for the Region, “providing the broadest range of support for the community’s well-being.”