The strategic focus of Gebbie Foundation is to rejuvenate downtown Jamestown through economic development to make it an attractive place to work, live, shop, and visit. This shall be done by leveraging financial and human resources through collaboration, cooperation, and partnership. To this end, continued support of the Urban Plan via selected contributions and commitment of staff time to those organizations/entities whose mission supports the plan’s implementation shall be prioritized.
215 Cherry Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
Phone 716 487-1062
Fax 716 484-6401
- Initial Approach – Grant seekers should first review the Gebbie website and if the project addresses the Strategic Focus, submit a letter of inquiry. After confirmation, please submit an application online.
- Deadlines: Proposals must be submitted one month prior to quarterly board meetings.
- 2017 Board Meeting Dates
- March 2, Proposal Due February 2
- May 11, Proposal Due April 11
- August 24, Proposal Due July 24
- November 9, Proposal Due October 9
Primary Funding Focus:
- The Economic revitalization of Jamestown through support of the Urban Plan and other relevant economic initiatives.
- Types of Support – Matching, Challenge, Capital, and Operating (in limited cases).
Fiscal Year/Total Grants: 12/31/15 / $2,906,339
Range of Grant Award: $500 to $700,000
Current Geographic Focus: City of Jamestown
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) status
Limitations: Individuals, for-profit, sectarian, and religious organizations are not eligible for support.